The FREE version will come loaded with Patches of my own collection!!!
Store and edit patches on your Katana amplifier directly from your phone or tablet!
The BOSS Katana series are terrific amplifiers. Unfortunately they only have the ability to store up to 8 patches on-board. The only way you can access more than 8 patches is hook your amp up to a PC or Mac and install the BOSS Tone Studio application. In addition, many of the amplifier effects are only accessible through the PC application.
Introducing Katana Librarian. Simply attach your Android phone or tablet to your amplifier using a USB On-The-Go adapter, and you can switch between patches and edit them right from your device.
What you need:
– An Android phone or tablet that supports USB On-The-Go.
– One of the following BOSS Katana amplifiers:
• KATANA-50 MkII
• KATANA-100 MkII
• KATANA-100/212 MkII
• KATANA-HEAD MkII
• KATANA-Artist MkII
– A USB A-to-B cable (also known as a USB printer cable) like this one: https://amzn.com/B00NH11KIK.
– A USB OTG adapter. If your phone has a USB Micro-AB connector, you will need an adapter like this one: http://a.co/3mustjw. If your phone has a USB Type-C connector, you will need an adapter like this one: http://a.co/fBZA0vM.
The free version of the app allows you to test your connection and load the built-in demo patches. A single in-app purchase is offered if you wish to unlock the full feature set, which will allow you to:
– Download patches from your amplifier.
– Modify the patch parameters; includes support for all effect types; the editor also changes in real-time as you adjust the parameters on your amp.
– Access undocumented Katana features like hidden amps, custom effect chain ordering and multiple simultaneous effects.
– Organize your patches into groups. Tag your favorite patches, or create a set list for a live performance.
– Use the hotkey feature in combination with a Bluetooth MIDI or HID foot switch (e.g. https://www.airturn.com/407.html) for hands-free patch and effect switching.
– Import and export MkI and MkII .TSL files.
– Rename and delete patches.
– Write patches to the amplifier’s channels
– Emulate the functionality of a GA-FC pedal (even on a KATANA-50)
– Share patches via email, Google Drive, Android Beam, etc.
See our Frequently Asked Questions HERE.
Note: This app is not affiliated with or endorsed by Roland Corporation in any way. BOSS is a registered trademark of Roland Corporation.