Katana Librarian update: New addition to Katana Librarian: Knob and pedal assignments (v3 firmware required). v4.1 is available on the Play Store now!
The FREE version will come loaded with 4 Patches of my own collection!!!
Katana Librarian update: You can now write patches directly to the amp’s channel storage, either one at a time or in bulk (using a label)! v4.0.1 is now available in the Play Store:
- Gary Moore
- Pink Floyd (2Patches)
Store and edit patches on your Katana amplifier directly from your phone or tablet!
The BOSS Katana series are terrific amplifiers. Unfortunately they only have the ability to store up to 8 patches on-board. The only way you can access more than 8 patches is hook your amp up to a PC or Mac and install the BOSS Tone Studio application. In addition, many of the amplifier effects are only accessible through the PC application.
Introducing the Katana Librarian for Android. Simply attach your Android phone or tablet to your amplifier using a USB On-The-Go adapter, and you can switch between patches and edit them right from your device.
What you need:
– An Android phone or Tablet that supports USB On-The-Go.
– A BOSS KATANA-50, KATANA-100, KATANA-100/212, KATANA-HEAD or KATANA-Artist amplifier. Both the V2 and V3 firmware is supported, though V3 is recommended.
– The USB cable that came with your amplifier.
– A USB OTG adapter. If your phone has a USB Micro-AB connector, you will need an adapter like this one: http://a.co/3mustjw. If your phone has a USB Type-C connector, you will need an adapter like this one: http://a.co/fBZA0vM.
The free version of the app allows you to test your connection and load the built-in demo patches. A single in-app purchase is offered if you wish to unlock the full feature set, which will allow you to:
– Download patches from your amplifier.
– Modify the patch parameters; includes support for all effect types, including the new V3 effects! The editor also changes in real-time as you adjust the parameters on your amp.
– Access undocumented Katana features like hidden amps and multiple simultaneous effects.
– Organize your patches using labels, just like popular mail apps. Use labels to tag your favorite patches, or create a set list for a live performance.
– Use the hotkey feature in combination with a Bluetooth HID keyboard or pedal board for hands-free patch switching.
– Import and export .TSL files.
– Rename and delete patches.
– Share patches via email, Google Drive, Android Beam, etc.
– Receive all future updates for the life of the product.
In the unlikely event that Katana Librarian is unable to connect to your amplifier:
1) Verify your amplifier is able to connect to BOSS Tone Studio on your PC.
2) Verify your phone/tablet supports USB OTG using one of the free OTG checker apps in the Play Store.
3) Try plugging a USB thumb drive into your USB OTG adapter; your phone/tablet should automatically recognize the drive. Note if you have a OnePlus device, USB OTG is disabled by default, and must be enabled under Settings/Advanced. It also automatically turns off 10 minutes after it is enabled. You can permanently enable it by following the instructions here: https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-always-on-otg-oxygenos/.
If these checks all succeed and you are still not able to get the app to connect, please contact us directly at email@example.com, or post your issue to the “BOSS Katana Amps” user group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/boss.katana/). Note we are unable to provide support for connection issues through the Play Store review channel, as it only permits a single character-limited response.
Note: This app is not affiliated with or endorsed by Roland Corporation in any way. BOSS is a registered trademark of Roland Corporation